Deep Space 9 with Benjamin "A Man Called Hawk" Sisko

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Firefly stands out the most in my mind.
Throw in anime and i can name whole franchises though.

Not only is Star Trek: Deep Space NIne my favorite science fiction show, it is my favorite show PERIOD! I still think it is the second best written drama ever on television. The first being St. Elsewhere, since they always ask.......

Liked Dresden Files, even though I'm not into witches and warlocks stuff. Never heard of Jekell.

Valjeanne Jeffers said:

No, so ha ha (laugh). The Dresden Files was about this cool sorcerer who was also a private investigator, for the magic world. And one of the entities he had to answer to was a very grumpy Brother -- can you believe that :)?

Jekell was this hyped up, really cool J/H series on PBS. Although now that you mention it Hyde did have fangs sometimes, and there were vampires in The Dresden Files....hmmm. Oh well, you got me (laugh)!

Firefly is still at the top of the list for me. Battlestar Galactica remake is a close second. Been meaning to watch DS9 for years but it seems dry. One day i'm just gonna charge forward and tear through em!!! One day.

Good taste! LOL As far as anime, I had forgot about Cowboy Bebob!!

Chance Emerson said:

Firefly stands out the most in my mind.
Throw in anime and i can name whole franchises though.

I liked the first two seasons of Farscape when O'Bannion was running the show, but when Kemper took over it became silly and I've never been a fan of silly, which is why I couldn't deal with Bufffy, of Firefly or anything Josh Wheedon.
Anpu said:

Farscape is my all time favorite ever. The individual characters were roundly developed over the course of the series and absence of a fight as a first choice - win every fight mentality in the main characters was another thing that got me hooked. They actually lost many fights and were often captured and tortured. I saw every episode from season two onwards and videotaped them while watching them. When the SciFi channel re-ran the series prior to showing the Farscape movie i videotaped them all in sequence to get season one, and once i found out about downloading music, movies and TV shows from torrents i downloaded the whole Farscape series and have all the episodes (minus commercials) in my computer ready to burn on DVD.

I'm gonna add Dark Matter and I don't know how I missed Fringe.

D K Gaston said:

Primeval, DS9, Babylon5, Red Dwarf and SG-1

I liked  Star Trek, and back farther than that I liked ON STEP BEYOND (remember that one) and Twilight Zone.

Star Trek:TNG will always be my fav, but I gotta add Farscape as one of the finest, maturest, most out there SF shows to ever grace the TV screen in the last 20 years.

Doctor Who.
Although I'd been aware of the series since the late 70's, I'm a relative newcomer to Who fandom. (Having only begun watching a few years after the 2005 relaunch of the series).
Despite it having been around for nearly 55 years, I find that the premise of the series still has legs, and (in the proper creative hands), can still thrill and entertain.

When the series introduced The Doctor's first companions  of color (Mickey Smith and Martha Jones), the show resonated even deeper with me, and I've stuck with it ever since, despite the departure of both Mickey and Martha.
I'm eagerly awaiting the start of Series 10 this week, and the introduction of a new companion of color "Bill", played by Pearl Mackie.

Mine would have to be the Flash on CW now. The time travel and parallel universe themes are unbeatable and Ms. Shows fashion sense sure helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

IMPORTANT ALERTS

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! 

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE CHANGING YOUR PROFILE  PICTURE, SWITCH TO EITHER CHROME BROWSWER OR FIREFOX. THERE IS A KNOWN ISSUE WITH INTERNET EXPLORER THAT CAUSES TROUBLE CHANGING PICTURES.

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN IN WITH FACEBOOK IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT. YOU WILL CREATE A DUPLICATE THAT WILL NOT HAVE YOUR INFO CONNECTED. THANKS

NO SPAMMING

Please do not greet everyone on the site with large images and/or announcements of your book or business. Yes, you want to tell the world, but learn the fine art of subtlety. We have lost numerous members because of the amount of 'friend' mail they instantly receive. This Hurts Everyone.

Also, DO NOT post the same information multiple times throughout the site. It will be deleted without notice.

Spam is unsolicited advertising, whether it is posted as comments on other members' pages or is emailed for marketing purposes.

Please be considerate. Post your advertisement in the proper Articles/Forum or Group. There are inexpensive marketing channels that reach every member for just $25 on the Advertising tab. You can post your information on your profile and even update your blog as often as you like.

We are not into censorship, so please don't make us ask you to leave. Be kind and unselfish - don't spam.

Your Account Will Be Deleted Without Warning For Spam.

Blog Posts

Life As We Know It...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on April 26, 2017 at 7:16am 0 Comments

Artist’s impression of the super-Earth exoplanet LHS 1140b. Credit: ESO
Topics: Astronomy, Astrophysics, Exoplanets, Space Exploration

"LHS 1140B": We have to talk about naming conventions.o_0'…

Continue

Qubiits Entanglement...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on April 25, 2017 at 7:20am 0 Comments

This photograph of the quantum device has components highlighted in false colour. The superconducting qubits are numbered 1–10 and the central bus resonator is labelled "B". The red and blue structures are control lines for the individual qubits. (Courtesy: Chao Song et al/ arXiv: 1703.10302)
Topics: Entanglement, Modern Physics, Quantum Computer, Quantum Mechanics…

Continue

Afrofuturism on PBS

Posted by Jarvis Sheffield - Admin on April 24, 2017 at 8:30am 0 Comments

Afrofuturism on PBS

(The Good Part Starts at 16:30)

I thought you might like this:  http://www.pbs.org/video/2365794059/

March for Science...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on April 24, 2017 at 6:35am 0 Comments

Mid Hudson March for Science, Poughkeepsie, New York
Topics: Education, Politics, Research, Science, STEM

I participated in the Mid Hudson March for Science Saturday, 22 April 2017 at 2:00 pm Eastern. The weather was overcast but not rainy at a comfortable 57 degrees, so it made a 0.6 mile march quite…
Continue

The Digital Brothers Multimedia

The Digital Brothers
Our goal is to provide cost effective technological solutions for home, small and big business. After over 20 years of service working in this field, we decided to utilize our talents to develop and cultivate our own vision to benefit the community.
2D & 3D Animation
Graphic & Web Design
Photo & Video
Multimedia Development
Online & Print Marketing

Contact Us Today To Assist In Your Business Success
Email: info@thedigitalbrothers.com

SKYCITY TALKRADIO

FREE SEMINAREnigma #1 - Missing Pieces

GET IT NOW!
Enigma #1 - Missing Pieces
In a post apocalyptic world, Two investigators (James and Brooks) are assign to a murder investigation that leads to more questions than what they bargain for.
https://www.comixology.com/comic-reader/42138/205794

THE UNDERGROUND BY ROXANNE BLAND

Life as alpha of a werewolf pack is anything but predictable. But even Parker Berenson is surprised by the latest twist: he’s fallen in love with a space alien. Problem is, he suspects Melera, his sexy new flame, might be the serial killer terrorizing Seattle. Or maybe she isn’t. After all, just because she’s an interstellar assassin doesn’t mean she’s guilty.

http://blackrosepress.com/

© 2017   Created by Jarvis Sheffield - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service