Entering its third year, the Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity in Comics is a prestigious honor and a wonderful way to keep McDuffie’s spirit alive. The judges for 2017 have just been announced, and entries are open. And disclaimer, I am once again a judge and extremely honored to do so. The awards have a new director Will J. Watkins, and several new Selection Committee Members: Mark D. Bright, Don McGregor, Kevin Rubio, Cassandra Pelham and Gail Simone. Returning judges include Joe Illidge, Joan Hilty, Neo Edmond, Matt Wayne, Len Wein and myself.

The winner will be announced at a reception on  February 18, 2017, in Long Beach, CA during the Long Beach Comic Expo.

As a judge I’m going to stump as much as I can to get people to submit. Every year I come across some great work I was unaware of and I know there’s even more out there.

The deadline is December 31st, 2016 and all the guidelines for how to submit are here. 

http://www.comicsbeat.com/the-dwayne-mcduffie-award-for-diversity-in-comics-announces-2017-judges/

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –