Folks....we have hit 100 members but the question is....where are all the black superheroes? Let's make a goal of getting 4 to 5 black superhero images up here per week. Original, Black Superheroes. What does everyone think about that goal? If black superheroes do indeed exist then it's up to us to bring them to life. Let's get it!!! 

Views: 105

Replies to This Discussion

This is Connor, also the name of my first book. She is 15 and just discovered her gifts of invisibility, hearing and telekinesis. I'm still working on advancing her look but here she is.

Awesome conner!

Hi Guys.

 

I am new, so I hope this is an appropriate response to the above call. I am part of a team, Leti Arts, and we make comics and mobile games based on African superheroes. We are based in Ghana and Kenya.

 

Our superheroes are partly influenced by African mythology and folklore and some are purely fictional characters. Our parent series, is Africa's Legends, with spinoff series for other characters ongoing.

 

About Africa’s Legends
Africa’s Legends is a superhero series from Leti Arts influenced by folklore and historic legends from across Africa. In Africa’s Legends, Leti Arts reimagines African folklore and historic legends, interspersed with fictional characters, as elite superheroes fighting crime in present day Africa.

Experience the PILOT ISSUE via our Android App: Google Play: Africa's Legends

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Guys.

Me again. Here is our first individual series within the Africa's Legends universe.

About The True Ananse
The True Ananse is a superhero series from Leti Arts influenced by the African folklore legend from Ghana, Kweku Ananse. In The True Ananse, Leti Arts reimagines the story of Kweku Ananse, the trickster, and depicts him as a god turned superhero in modern Africa.

Watch the Trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfgPxVXGko

The first volume is dubbed Ananse: The OriginExperience the PILOT ISSUE in our comic/game app:

Android: Google Play: Leti Center 

Windows Phone: Windows Phone Store: Leti Center

This is good stuff man! I downloaded the App. Really well done. We might have to have some further conversation. Are you guys doing print issues or staying digital?

Nana Kwabena Owusu (Leti Arts) said:

Hi Guys.

Me again. Here is our first individual series within the Africa's Legends universe.

About The True Ananse
The True Ananse is a superhero series from Leti Arts influenced by the African folklore legend from Ghana, Kweku Ananse. In The True Ananse, Leti Arts reimagines the story of Kweku Ananse, the trickster, and depicts him as a god turned superhero in modern Africa.

Watch the Trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfgPxVXGko

The first volume is dubbed Ananse: The OriginExperience the PILOT ISSUE in our comic/game app:

Android: Google Play: Leti Center 

Windows Phone: Windows Phone Store: Leti Center

Hi Damion.

Thrilled you liked it.

We are currently focused on digital but we are open to partnerships around print especially for distribution in US and Europe.

With the right partner, print is most definitely on the cards.

Cool. I already posted this to Facebook and to a couple groups I'm in. People already seem to like it.

Nana Kwabena Owusu (Leti Arts) said:

Hi Damion.

Thrilled you liked it.

We are currently focused on digital but we are open to partnerships around print especially for distribution in US and Europe.

With the right partner, print is most definitely on the cards.

It's an awesome looking project. I just installed the game as well.

Yo!!!!!!! This is what I am talking about!!!! Here we go!!!!!



Nana Kwabena Owusu (Leti Arts) said:

Hi Guys.

 

I am new, so I hope this is an appropriate response to the above call. I am part of a team, Leti Arts, and we make comics and mobile games based on African superheroes. We are based in Ghana and Kenya.

 

Our superheroes are partly influenced by African mythology and folklore and some are purely fictional characters. Our parent series, is Africa's Legends, with spinoff series for other characters ongoing.

 

About Africa’s Legends
Africa’s Legends is a superhero series from Leti Arts influenced by folklore and historic legends from across Africa. In Africa’s Legends, Leti Arts reimagines African folklore and historic legends, interspersed with fictional characters, as elite superheroes fighting crime in present day Africa.

Experience the PILOT ISSUE via our Android App: Google Play: Africa's Legends

 

 

 

 

 

 

Love this and I will download. Awesome.

Damion Gonzales said:

This is good stuff man! I downloaded the App. Really well done. We might have to have some further conversation. Are you guys doing print issues or staying digital?

Nana Kwabena Owusu (Leti Arts) said:

Hi Guys.

Me again. Here is our first individual series within the Africa's Legends universe.

About The True Ananse
The True Ananse is a superhero series from Leti Arts influenced by the African folklore legend from Ghana, Kweku Ananse. In The True Ananse, Leti Arts reimagines the story of Kweku Ananse, the trickster, and depicts him as a god turned superhero in modern Africa.

Watch the Trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfgPxVXGko

The first volume is dubbed Ananse: The OriginExperience the PILOT ISSUE in our comic/game app:

Android: Google Play: Leti Center 

Windows Phone: Windows Phone Store: Leti Center

Nice! I love it. I've been thinking of making a superhero film myself, I'm in Uganda. Do you guys do graphics, any inexpensive CGI?

Would love to know more about your projects. Any website I can go to?

Nana Kwabena Owusu (Leti Arts) said:

Hi Guys.

 

I am new, so I hope this is an appropriate response to the above call. I am part of a team, Leti Arts, and we make comics and mobile games based on African superheroes. We are based in Ghana and Kenya.

 

Our superheroes are partly influenced by African mythology and folklore and some are purely fictional characters. Our parent series, is Africa's Legends, with spinoff series for other characters ongoing.

 

About Africa’s Legends
Africa’s Legends is a superhero series from Leti Arts influenced by folklore and historic legends from across Africa. In Africa’s Legends, Leti Arts reimagines African folklore and historic legends, interspersed with fictional characters, as elite superheroes fighting crime in present day Africa.

Experience the PILOT ISSUE via our Android App: Google Play: Africa's Legends

RSS

Badge

Loading…

IMPORTANT ALERTS

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! 

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE CHANGING YOUR PROFILE  PICTURE, SWITCH TO EITHER CHROME BROWSWER OR FIREFOX. THERE IS A KNOWN ISSUE WITH INTERNET EXPLORER THAT CAUSES TROUBLE CHANGING PICTURES.


PLEASE DO NOT SIGN IN WITH FACEBOOK IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT. YOU WILL CREATE A DUPLICATE THAT WILL NOT HAVE YOUR INFO CONNECTED. THANKS

NO SPAMMING

Please do not greet everyone on the site with large images and/or announcements of your book or business. Yes, you want to tell the world, but learn the fine art of subtlety. We have lost numerous members because of the amount of 'friend' mail they instantly receive. This Hurts Everyone.

Also, DO NOT post the same information multiple times throughout the site. It will be deleted without notice.

 

Spam is unsolicited advertising, whether it is posted as comments on other members' pages or is emailed for marketing purposes.

 

Please be considerate. Post your advertisement in the proper Articles/Forum or Group. There are inexpensive marketing channels that reach every member for just $25 on the Advertising tab. You can post your information on your profile and even update your blog as often as you like.

 

We are not into censorship, so please don't make us ask you to leave. Be kind and unselfish - don't spam.

 

Your Account Will Be Deleted Without Warning For Spam.

 

Blog Posts

Proton Pump...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on November 15, 2018 at 1:14pm 0 Comments

Magneto-ionic switching based on hydrogen accumulation at the metallic ferromagnet/nonmagnetic heavy metal interface. Courtesy: G Beach

Topics: Electrical Engineering, Electromagnetism, Materials Science, Semiconductor Technology, Spintronics

Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology say they have…
Continue

How To Get Your College Paper Help?

Posted by Eva Li on November 15, 2018 at 6:23am 0 Comments

Students spend long hours at school and colleges and in addition to this have a lot of homework to do. Even the most hardworking students experience problems with their homework, as its amount is often insurmountable.

If you seek help with your assignments, the best option is to hire a professional writer from an academic help agency, such as WritePaperForMe.



What is Write Paper for Me?

The team of recent graduates and post-graduate students open a WritePaperForMe writing help agency. They were just like you a few years ago, so they can easily understand which problems you may face. So that is why they are here to help you overcome the difficulties.



Who Will Help Me With My Paper?

Over the years our team has grown and evolved. All of them:

Have a high education or a doctorate so that they can cope with any assignment, from a high-school essay to a Ph.D. thesis.

All of…

Continue

Waltzing Nanoparticles...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on November 14, 2018 at 5:30am 0 Comments

A nanoparticle "dance pair." The pair were dyed red and green to reveal molecular binding under a fluorescence microscope." Credit: Yan Yu, Indiana University

Topics: Biology, Biomedicine, Cancer, Nanotechnology

Indiana University researchers have discovered that drug-delivering nanoparticles attach to their targets…
Continue

Hailing Frequencies Open...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on November 13, 2018 at 5:30am 0 Comments

On target: artist's impression of a laser beacon. (Courtesy: MIT News)

Topics: Astrobiology, Astrophysics, Laser, SETI, Space Exploration, Star Trek

A bright laser beacon that announces our presence to…
Continue

Swine, Slop and Armistice...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on November 12, 2018 at 5:30am 0 Comments

Robert H. Goodwin (June 19, 1925 - August 26, 1999), "Pop" Third Class Petty Officer, US Navy, WWII veteran. Heavy Gunner, Naval Boxer and cook.

Topics: Civics, Civil Rights, Existentialism, History

As a United States Air Force veteran, I along with a roomful of others from the Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard were honored at…
Continue

Product Review Updates #6

Posted by Stephen Alexander on November 9, 2018 at 7:30am 0 Comments

Occasionally, I will alert fellow members to product updates by creators I have reviewed in the past year or so. 

  • The conclusion of The Conscious Dreams Saga has finally arrived! You can buy The Sacrifice of Knowing (The Conscious Dreamer Series Book 3) at Amazon today! The first book is also free, BTW. I've been waiting for this for a while (the first book was my #2 favorite work in our club)
  • Some of the Kickstarters advertised in the Black Comics Creators group have made their budgets. Look out for Niobe by Sebastian Jones and Scorpio by John Robinson IV. If you're…
Continue

Deviant Confederates...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on November 9, 2018 at 5:30am 1 Comment

Image source: WREG.com

Topics: Civics, Civil Rights, Existentialism, Politics

(noun): the fact or state of departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behavior.

This commentary is post the…
Continue

Petrol, Wastewater and Membranes...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on November 8, 2018 at 5:30am 0 Comments

Argonne scientists have invented a membrane (shown here) that, when exposed to sunlight, can clean itself and also actively degrade pollutants. (Image by Argonne National Laboratory.)

Topics: Atomic Layer Deposition, Chemistry, Green Tech, Semiconductor Technology

Argonne scientists have invented a membrane…
Continue

Lithium Magic...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on November 7, 2018 at 5:30am 0 Comments

Drive for innovation: Electric vehicles are a major target for R&D on novel battery materials. (Image courtesy: imec)

Topics: Battery, Chemical Physics, Green Tech

The batteries we depend on for our mobile phones and computers are based on a technology that is more than a quarter-century old. Rechargeable…
Continue

Space Seed...

Posted by Reginald L. Goodwin on November 6, 2018 at 5:30am 0 Comments

Interstellar objects like Oumuamua could be the source of life as we know it. ESA/Hubble, NASA, ESO, M. Kornme

Topics: Carl Sagan, Exoplanets, SETI, Space Exploration, Star Trek

Note: Star Trek had an episode titled "…
Continue

The Digital Brothers Multimedia

The Digital Brothers
Our goal is to provide cost effective technological solutions for home, small and big business. After over 20 years of service working in this field, we decided to utilize our talents to develop and cultivate our own vision to benefit the community.
2D & 3D Animation
Graphic & Web Design
Photo & Video
Multimedia Development
Online & Print Marketing

Contact Us Today To Assist In Your Business Success
Website: www.TheDigitalBrothers.com
Email: info@thedigitalbrothers.com

THE UNDERGROUND BY ROXANNE BLAND

Life as alpha of a werewolf pack is anything but predictable. But even Parker Berenson is surprised by the latest twist: he’s fallen in love with a space alien. Problem is, he suspects Melera, his sexy new flame, might be the serial killer terrorizing Seattle. Or maybe she isn’t. After all, just because she’s an interstellar assassin doesn’t mean she’s guilty.

http://blackrosepress.com/

© 2018   Created by Jarvis Sheffield - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service