If I had $100 million dollars...

Note: I am amazed sometimes by the sheer cost it takes to create an EPIC Fail of a film. Hollywood has churned out movies that are $100 million dollars plus in budget and they have been nothing but flops. Some of the most recent flops include John Carter, Battleship, Mars Needs Moms, Sucker Punch, Green Lantern, Cowboys & Aliens, and the list can go on and on.  Usually the trailer tells me whether or not I will see a film, and this up-coming film looks like another unfortunate cheesy flop. What would YOU do if you had $100 million dollars at your disposal? 

Watch: Trailer For The $100 Million 3D Fiasco 'Empires Of The Deep' Starring Olga Kurylenko

We prophesized this film might be the most unintentionally hilarious 3D movie ever made, and it seems that prediction is coming true. Announced with great fanfare more than two years ago as a $100 million (though it's apparently much more than that) Chinese 3D movie production with the "Avatar" 3D camera operatorAnthony Arendt lending his talents to the production, with Michael French and Jonathan Lawrence co-directing, word on the movie has been pretty much zilch since. However, it should be noted that Pitof (of the notorious "Catwoman" fame) was originally attached with Monica Bellucci in the lead, and we can't imagine he could have done much worse.

The first trailer has finally arrived and it looks incredibly, unbelievably awful. With all the money spent, this looks cheap and woefully put together, with the talented Kurylenko left to flounder in cast of nobodies in a silly underseas adventure, with truly shoddy special effects. James Cameron might want to get Arendt to stop advertising his association with "Avatar," and basically, no one is coming out of this looking remotely good.

We'll bet money this never sees a proper stateside release because we can't imagine anyone is going to pay to distribute this thing. Maybe one day when you're traveling in Europe, some obscure video store will have it on BluRay for a few euros plus a free sandwich. Get ready to be amazed below.

http://youtu.be/FUWUFbnRiN0

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –