I don't believe knowledge should be hoarded, but instead shared with others. Perhaps the following may help you, when composing your own work.
1) With the exception of pay period, or vital research, no internet activity is conducted, till after you are done for the day.
2) Listen to podcast episodes, during the week, dealing with author related material. (From and to work, while on breaks and through-out lunch)
3) When creating, your area must always be clear, and clean. Any clutter is bound to be a distraction.
4) Listen to music, to center your mind, before you begin.
5) Write for two hours each day, to insure natural progression.
6) Have another project set-up, or in the works, the moment you are done with your present one.
7) In order to break away from the monotony, the following project MUST be completely different from the previous one. jumping between each novel series, helps in more ways than one.
These guideline can be applied to anyone, regardless their field of creativity.