WALL-E! The Black Robot!

Just saw the movie Wall-E! The kids loved it us adults did all we could to stay awake. Their was a great dance show before the movie started cause that is how Disney gets down. Now here comes the rant! The story was about a robot left behind to clean up earth which had long been deserted by humans and no living organisms existed. The premise was an environmental catastrophe where overstocked garbage ran mankind off the surface of the planet. What I find interesting is when movies like this ignore the black community or even the entire continent of Africa. It is to be expected these days that black people do not play a significant role in most of these fantasy stories. What I hope to see from us in the future is stories that ask the question if global warming, a huge meteor striking the earth or a war of the worlds type scenario takes place how do we handle this post traumatic experience. And now..Ronald T. Jones in Escape From Africa!With Veronica Henry as the love interest.Milton Davis as the comic relief. (This works only with a strong Black male lead)

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –