minority sensibility

Am wondering here about blatancy. Some works by non-minorities can have a minority feel. You understand that they understand issues of race, clan, minority struggles etc. And then there are some works by minorities that don't show any kind of connection to the minority community.I just saw the latest trailer for the new M Night Shamalan pic, The Happening. It's coming out in June. He's an odd one and from what I have seen about his flicks he generally doesn't identify as a minority...at least not in an obvious way. You have to really go deep to see his minority sensibilities. Don't get me wrong: I like him. He's my favorite director and if he directed other folks' writings, he'd be a pick definitely to direct my book, Wind Follower. But he deals with the concept of isolation more than he deals with the concept of race.Octavia's books definitely have the concepts folks of color would think about. Matheson's I am Legend (although he's not black) definitely makes the reader understand and deal with the issue of race.

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –