Operation: Earth!!

You are the commander of a space armada. Your target is a small planet located on the periphery of the galaxy. The inhabitants call this planet, Earth. The inhabitants (humans) are a fractious lot, divided into separate entities called nation states. Earth's tech base is pre-FTL (faster-than-light), it's arsenol consisting of crude nuclear missiles. How would you subdue this planet in a manner that will not inflict massive casualties on the population?Here's how I would do it.First: an ultimatum directed at the leaders of the most powerful nation-states.Second: A demonstration of the awesome power of my fleet by having a single ship bombard a section of the moon until the targeted area was fused flat. (Note each of the ships in my fleet is comparable in power to an Imperial Star Destroyer).Third: If Earth's leaders failed to heed either the ultimatum or the demonstration, I would unfurl a no-deployment umbrella across the planet. No nation would be allowed to put combat planes in the air, tanks on the ground or warships at sea or those assets would be destroyed from orbit.Fourth: I would send human-shaped synthetics to infiltrate human societies, where they would subvert regional and national authorities by spreading propaganda favorable to my forces.Fifth: In addition to the work of my synthetics, I will further undermine Earth authorities by introducing cures to incurable diseases, alternative sources of energy far cheaper and much more reliable than fossil fuels and an economic structure in which all humans benefit, not small elites.Sixth: Assassinations of the more recalcitrant leaders as an example to those who fail to submit to the new order.Seventh: Recruiting humans to form an army that will carry out the policies of my invasion force.A combination of the above measures is likely to result in my domination of Earth with minimum destruction and loss of human life. How would you do it?

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –