BET Networks and Marvel Animation Tuesday announced they will team up to produce an animated series based on the legendary superhero The Black Panther. Network officials said the show will debut in the first quarter of 2009. Casting is already underway and BET will serve up a sneak preview of the series at the Comic-Con International convention in San Diego during BET’s panel on Saturday, July 26. BET officials said the series will be adapted directly from the first six issues of the Marvel comic written by Reginald Hudlin. “As a lifelong comic book reader, I didn't think anything could top the excitement of writing one of my favorite characters, the Black Panther,” Hudlin, who is also BET's president, entertainment, said in a statement. “I'm so proud I've been able to maintain a successful run of the series over the past three years while keeping my ‘day job’ of programming a network. But now to have both of my worlds collide, to have a faithful adaptation of my own work as a prime time series on the network—it’s a dream come true.” The Black Panther animated series is executive produced by Hudlin and Denys Cowan, senior vice president of animation for BET Networks. Eric Rollman, president of Marvel Animation, and Cort Lane, director of animation development, are the executives on the series for Marvel. http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6578919.html

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –