Hey folks. I'm relaxing in my hometown of San Diego, watching the news and observing the pundits pick at Obama and MccAIn. I started thinking about the many movies and shows that had a Black man as President (The Fifth Element, 24, Deep Impact etc) and I used to laugh and think that only in a futuristic world would we have a Black President. Like many of you, I NEVER thought I'd see one in my lifetime.As writers of speculative fiction, do any of you think that the changes in politics today (especially if Obama wins) may open the possibility of other changes that so many of us write about? In all honesty, with Bush in office and the farce of war in Iraq, I feel like I'm living "The Parable of the Sower" for real. Last month I was even looking into immigrating to Canada if McCain wins. (And just like in "Parable" I will push along my shopping cart and gather my community as I go. And with cyberspace, I can carry you guys along with me!Are we living the future now,or am I just being naive and nervous?Please, talk amongst yourselves.....I'm off to the gym to work of the foot long carne asada burrito I just ate.

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –