Unknown historical BLACK TOWN in Alabama

Good day family. I found this letter in my e-mail today. My question is this: What can we do to make this place (not to mention our own little townships) a better place for us and our kids? Any suggestion?

Hi Brother Runoko I read a letter from Monica Williams who says that she was born in Nyack, NY and grew up in Piedmont, Al. Brother you are indeed making the universal Black community smaller. I am presently in northeast Alabama, in Anniston where I was born, but I grew up in Nyack, NY. It was so strange but a real pleasure to see that Black activist and blooming scholars are starting to rise from the two small towns that have had such an impact on my life. Right outside of the city of Anniston there is a very small historically all African American hamlet called Hobson City. It is THE second oldest all Black town in America. They are struggling there now to remain an independent incorporated Black Village and much of our history is about to go down the sociological drain. I hope your readers will look into the problems of this dying little Black Village and render any help that they can give. And Monica please keep up the good work of gaining that superior education. We need all the Black scholars that our race can generate. Salahudin Rahim

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –