Travesty!

I'm venting here. I just finished reading Dossouye by Charles Saunders. What a BRILLIANT piece of work. Saunders has created a very compelling, thoughtful character in Dossouye, in addition to a skilled warrior. There is great action and breath taking adventure in this story, but issues of vital importance are also explored that have real world relevance. And like the real world certain problems encountered by our heroine are not resolved so easily.The writing, the imagery, the pacing of the story amply demonstrates that Saunders has been and continues to ride high at the top of his game. Saunders is not simply a good fantasy writer; he is one of the greatest that has ever lived. It is a travesty that the mediocre works of lesser scifi/fantasy writers stock the bookshelves of major book stores while a giant in the field has had to struggle to sell his masterpieces.Having my story included in the upcoming anthology with a Charles Saunders work is a thrill and an honor. It's like being on a basketball team with Michael Jordan. Charles Saunders, who is a veteran in scifi/fantasy, deserves far greater recognition than he has received from peers, publishers and fans of the genre alike. That he has not been given his PROPER due is an indictment of the genre, particularly the publishing gatekeepers.We at BSFS are all creating stories that we hunger for, stories that place black characters at the center of the action, away from the voiceless periphery that other writers have favored. Charles Saunders has led that effort with excellently written stories that have flavored the imagination. I hope that one day the scifi/fantasy industry will wake up and recognize a true master!

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –