skywardprodigal had asked in deadbrowalking for people to publicise this announcement.The People of Color in SF Carnival #9: "What I heard about you, and what that meant for me."The theme, "What I heard about you, and what that meant for me" further addresses the theme of intra-poc/nonwhites relations as touched upon in the PoC in SF Carnival #8. This carnival focuses on the relationships poc and nonwhites have with characters and actors that are of color-nonwhite as well as aliens and magical creatures. The focus will be on science-fiction and fantasy, as well as speculative fiction and all the visual and media arts. Why the visual and other media arts? Because historically, even when the topic wasn't aliens in outer space or magical-and-mysterious creatures, foreigners and strangers decided to call different foreigners and strangers that are poc and nonwhite, aliens. And mysterious. And sometimes magical.As in the POC in SF Carnival #8, as the phrases People/Fen of Color are not universally used terms, especially by fans living in Africa, the Caribbean, Central, Latin and South America, Asia, Oceania, and any other place I've missed/that's not in Canada or the United States, I encourage those who honor themselves according to their histories and cultures by defining themselves according to those realities to contribute.Please post this notice far and wide if so inclined. And hosts are needed for subsequent Carnivals. Please volunteer!Send your links to: skywardprodigal at gmail dot comDeadline: April 27thHost: skywardprodigalLocation: Soaring (aka skywardprodigal's LiveJournal)Questions: skywardprodigal at gmail dot com(With thanks to ladyjax for her PoC in SF #8 announcements).

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –