Anyone who knows me can tell you I'm about doing, not talking. So, I'm looking at us putting together a short story collection, slated for 2010. This will not be a labor of love; I will publish the book through MVmedia and I will pay each writer for his or her submission. I'm having some early success here in the A, and I think this is a good opportunity for all of us to make inroads into this growing African American readers market. I know Dark Matters is out there, but it's only one book. We need more exposure.This is a new idea. I proposed the same for my friends at Black Super Hero. The size of the story would be limited based on the number of pages in the book. I'll pay for the stories. It won't be a king's ransom, but I'll try to be competitive with small press rates. We will sell the book locally and make it available to all of you at distributor pricing to sell on your storefronts. Lulu is a possibility, but I don't have any experience with it. Please jump in with your ideas and opinions.

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –