FAME

Guys, I am beginning to really love fame!A student at Upenn is writing a paper on black specfic and she has included me...and a few others on this list. Can't post her entire paper here, cause it's not finished yet but so far ...wow! Anyway, here is her Bibliography!BIBLIOGRAPHY“Afrofuturism.” Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. 11 April 2008. 27 Apr. 2008 .Barksdale, Marcellus C. Rev. of Faces at the Bottom of the Well, by Derrick Bell. The Journal of Negro History 78.2 (1993):128-130.Barnes, Steven. “OCTAVIA E. BUTLER.” American Visions 15.5 (2000): 24-29.Bell, Derrick. Faces at the Bottom of the Well: The Permanence of Racism. New York: HarperCollins, 1992.Black Star. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star. Rawkus, 2002.Bould, Mark. “Come Alive By Saying No: An Introduction to Black Power SF.” Science Fiction Studies #102 44.2 (2007).B., P.H. “The Final Chapter” Essence May 2006: 90-88.Bradbury, Ray. “Science Fiction Before Christ and After 2001.” Science Fact/Fiction. Illinois: Scott, Foresman and Company, 1974.Butler, Octavia E. Mind of My Mind. New York: Warner Books, 1977.Butler, Octavia E. Wild Seed. New York: Waner Books, 1980.Delany, Sameul R. “Racism and Science Fiction.” Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction from the African Diaspora. Ed. Sheree R. Thomas. New York: Warner Books, 2000.Dery, Mark. “Black to the Future.” The South Atlantic Quarterly 92:4 (1993): 735-778.Du Bois, W.E.B. The Souls of Black Folk. New York: Penguin Classics, 1996.Du, Bois, “The Comet.” Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction from the African Diaspora. Ed. Sheree R. Thomas. New York: Warner Books, 2000.Follow the Drinking Gourd: A Cultural History. 2008. Joel Bresler. 27 Apr. 2008 .Freire, Paulo. Pedagogy of the Oppressed. Trans. M. Ramos. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972.Gates, Henry Louis, Jr. Figures in Black: Words, Signs, and the “Racial” Self. New York: Oxford UP, 1987.hooks, bell. Yearning: Race, Gender, and Cultural Politics. Cambridge: South End Press, 1990.Jenkins, Candice M. Rev. of Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction from the African Diaspora. Edited by Sheree R Thomas. African American Review (2000).“Kamalu ya Salaam (“Penn of Peace”): Bio-sketch.” Chicken Bones: a Journal.9 Apr. 2008 .Lakoff, George, and Mark Johnson. Metaphors We Live By. Chicago: The University of ChicagoPress, 1980.Lavender, Isiah III. “Ethnoscapes: Environment and Language in Ishmael Reed’s Mumbo Jumbo, Colson Whitehead’s The Intuitionist, and Samuel R. Delany’s Babel-17.” Science Fiction Studies. #102 44.2 (2007).Malcolm X. Dir. Arnold Perl. Warner Brothers Studios, 1972.McDonnell, Carole. “Re: Fan and Young Academic Seeking Answers.” E-mail to the author. 3 Apr. 2008.McHenry, Susan, and Peterson, V.R. “Books.” Essence Feb. 1999: 80.Miller, Paul D. “Yet I Wonder.” Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction from the African Diaspora. Ed. Sheree R. Thomas. New York: Warner Books, 2000.Morrison, Toni. The Bluest Eye. New York: Plume, 2000.Mosley, Walter. “Black to the Future.” Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction from the African Diaspora. Ed. Sheree R. Thomas. New York: Warner Books, 2000.Page, Lisa. “Kindred Spirit: Science Fiction Author Octavia Butler.” Crisis 113.3 (2006): 44-45.Pratt, Mary L. “Arts of the Contact Zone.” Ways of Reading, 5th edition, ed. David Bartholomae and Anthony Petroksky. New York: Bedford/St. Martin's, 1999.Robinson, Jill. “BLACKout.” Dark Matter: Reading the Bones. Ed. Sheree R. Thomas. New York: Warner Books, 2004.Rosen, Isaac. “Black Bibliography: Derrick Bell.” Answers.com. 27 Apr. 2008..Ricouer, Paul. Time and Narrative, Volume 1. Trans. Kathleen McLauhlin and David Pellaur. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1984.Salaam, Kamalu ya. “Art for Life: My Story, My Song.” Chicken Bones: a Journal. 9 Apr. 2008.Salaam, Kamalu ya. “Buddy Bolden” Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction from the African Diaspora. Ed. Sheree R. Thomas. New York: Warner Books, 2000.Salaam, Kamalu ya. “Neo-Griot: Writing with Text Sound and Light.” Chicken Bones: a Journal.9 Apr. 2008 .Salaam, Kamalu ya. “Trance.” Dark Matter: Reading the Bones. Ed. Sheree R. Thomas. NewYork: Warner Books, 2004.Salvaggio, Ruth. “Octavia Butler.” Suzy McKee Charnas, Joan Vinge, Octavia Butler.Washington: Starmont House, Inc., 1986.Sapir, Edward. Culture, Language and Personality. Berkley: University of California Press, 1952.“Satire.” Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. 26 April 2008. 27 Apr. 2008 .Saunders, Charles R. “Why Blacks Should Read (and Write) Science Fiction.” Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction from the African Diaspora. Ed. Sheree R. Thomas. New York: Warner Books, 2000.“Slave narrative.” Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. 20 April 2008. 27 Apr. 2008 .Smith, Darryl A. “Droppin’ Science Fiction Signification and Singularity in the Metapocalypse of Du Bois, Baraka, and Bell.” Science Fiction Studies. #102 44.2 (2007).“Spiritual (music).” Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. 20 April 2008. 27 Apr. 2008 .Stewart, Rhonda “Walter Mosley: The Hardest Working Writer in the Publishing Business.” Crisis 113.1 (2006): 49.Watts, Roderick J., Nat Wiliams and Robert J. Jagers. “Sociopolitical Development.” American Journal of Community Psychology. 31.1/2 (2003): 185-194.Whorf, Benjamin L. Language, Thought, and Reality. Massachusetts, The M.I.T. Press. 1939.“10 Great Novels by African Americans.” 2007. Microsoft. 27 Apr. 2008.. Path: Search Encarta; 10 Great Novels by African Americans.

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –