3,000 Strong!

Blacksciencefictionsociety.com just reached the 3,000 members mark!

I remember back when it was just a few peeps posting regularly and now we have an overly exaggerated entourage of black nerds, black geeks and black misfits!

Congrats to Jarvis... Ahem... I mean that Administrator dude who shall remain nameless.

So while we are on the topic of growth let's do a comparative study shall we...

Although there are are alternative sites and forums out there it is important to note the advantages and disadvantages of running a black based community.

When we look at sites where many of us netsurf back and forth from it is astonishing to see that this site has surpassed in membership such popular ones like Hudlin's or blacksupero.com which in some cases had a significant head start in public introductions.

While some had celebrity involvement as well as underground word of mouth for some reason this particular site not only held it's own but showed consistent progressive growth.

Why is that?

Could it be that even without regular moderators on the payroll that this site has remained relatively Troll free?

Could it be that as others struggled with what their identity really should be that this site took an initiative that fostered afro-centric growth as priority #1?

What about the fact that many members have congregated here from those other sites as a form of Fortress of Solitude minus the drama associated with the other leading brands?

I'm going to say that as a member of at least 30 different forums (Yep I'm that out there) I find myself coming back here every now and then in a family reunion type of return home.

This site is the baby blueprint for start ups and keeping things flowing steadily.

Now some of the sites I post in can have as many as 100,000 members and one has 5,000,000 members which shows what is probable and what is possible.

There are millions upon millions of black folks worldwide that can be reached via the internet so it is very important that we focus on building a strong black super hero following and a strong black sci-fi following.

It is nice to know that this site has been a huge influence on some the best and brightest talent that the black community will ever see now and in the future.

By examples we can see visibly what has worked and what will not work and utilize that in our own works and work ethic.

One thing that has never been a problem and this is the "OUCH" moment... I have never been ashamed, embarrassed or even cautious to promote this site to anyone I know be they black or white because I know that the level of class displayed here has never been in question as has been the case elsewhere. 

Good movements start with great leadership and the Administrator has held it down even when some of us (Especially me) acted a fool on occasion... or two!

Love , Peace and Soul Train!!!

(This is the part where you pay your respects)

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –