March 3, 2009 Newsletter

HELLO EVERYONE!! There are a number of exciting things going on with BlackScienceFictionSociety MASCOT We now have a mascot to represent us on and the site that was design by one of our members, Kevin Woods of Invisible Ink T-SHIRTS I would like to thank everyone that bought t-shirts from the store and hope that you enjoy the extra shirt we shipped because of the delay. We have more designs on the way in the near future. INVITES The Winner of last months invite competition is Johanna Nimley. Thanks for your help spreading the word. Please send us a message with you address so we can send you your $20 prize. POSTERS Please check out and buy the poster provided by artist Winston Blakely. If you haven’t seen the design please check it out in the store. BOOK OF THE MONTH Each month we will feature a different member’s book on the front of the store. The Book of the Month this month is Immortal II by member Valjeanne Jeffers. Please support her hard work by buying her book. STORE I cannot thank the artists enough for participating in the store. We have had over a 1,000 unique visitors to the site since the launch a month ago. We will be adding additional sections to buy and sell more items in the upcoming months. HOUSE KEEPING ISSUES  If you have known of any events coming up that the membership can benefit from please post it in the event calendar; book signings, conventions anything you feel other members can benefit from  If you have a product or special event you want everyone to know about please forward it to me and I will send an e-blast to all the membership to get the word out.  Please remember to post the BSFS Widget on your MySpace, face book and other outside pages and put us in your links to help spread the word about what we are trying to accomplish. The More the Merrier!  Let’s all continue to really support each other by purchasing an item at least one a month and build our libraries of Black Science Fiction up. We have a great wealth of information and entertainment that we can benefit from by investing in each others works. ALL MEMBERS The BSFS site continues to grow and gain more and more great members and great talent. We now have over 400 registered members which is quite a feat. I want to thank every one of you. Please keep your suggestions coming. We want your input to help this site grow to be the best it can be.

You need to be a member of Blacksciencefictionsociety to add comments!

Join Blacksciencefictionsociety

Email me when people reply –