Replies

• I agree with @Dejablue on this. The American culture really sees sex as something that is horridly taboo, something that shouldn't be seen or talked about. Hence why parents are still afraid to have "the talk" with their kids and so forth, where some don't even want to warn their children about molestation. It's really weird in that aspect but, its most definitely the Puritan mentality of the country. Most other countries though, don't have an issue putting sexual situations in their comics! the Japanese surely don't have an issue putting it in their manga. Your question reminds me of the interview I saw from Dwayne McDuffie where he was talking about DC tripping out because there was a condom on the table of one of the Static covers, in a book where Static and his girlfriend were going to have sex. This is the same company that had a comic where a villain chopped up a hero's girlfriend and put her in the refrigerator for him to find.
    • Strange isn't it?
  • Asked a friend about it. Basic opinion is this is all based in American Puritan mentality. Puritans flipped their lids if women showed so much as a bit of ankle but had no issue torturing innocents to death because they were certain they were witches. In America violence has always been fine and acceptable way to solve problems but sex/sexuality has for a long time been a touchy subject if not altogether repressed or misunderstood. I guess this mind set still exists?
    • Makes sense.
This reply was deleted.